Coaches are an indispensable resource that guides you to new growth, keep you focused on the end result and and through constant awareness, remind you why it’s important. They will motivate you to keep your commitments.
Ten years ago, most companies engaged a coach to help fix toxic behavior at the top. Today, most coaching is about developing the capabilities of high-potential performers.
A critical component of business coaching is accountability. A business coach is not a consultant. Coaches will not do the work for you in your business. Monthly business coaching sessions maintain accountability and focus on setting goals and meeting them.
Coaches track goals by creating key performance metrics (KPIs) that makes the journey to reaching them very transparent. The coach is there to keep track and measure progress. When the journey is transparent, it makes the person that is in charge of reaching them very accountable.
Many great business owners credit their success stories in part to having a great business coach. By combining the power of a business advisory board (who acts as a sounding board for ideas and challenges in the business), with a business coach that will help you to implement ideas and strategies borne from each meeting with the coach.
Challenges within any company can be traced to the trust, cohesion and alignment of the senior leadership team – the “C” suite and its abilities in three areas
- Prediction: Being in touch with customers, markets and employees that predicting what is coming next (or creating the opportunity to do so) is clear, but not without risk, of course. This becomes more difficult as the company scales to more employees, customers, geographies, markets, etc. Building communication rhythms right and well from the beginning has a positive compounding effect in companies.”
- Delegation: As a company scales and grows, its leaders must let go and select, mentor and hold accountable new managers and leaders to take from them tasks, roles and priorities. The leaders must shift from being ‘hands-on executors’ to ‘hands-off people motivators. Many founders and early leadership teams do not make these transitions. This is why engaging a coach can really help negotiate and orchestrate new roles, change, and personal growth among senior leadership teams. Just as infrastructure, teams and finances all scale with growth, so must the roles and leadership skills of senior leaders, particularly the founder and CEO.”
- Repetition: Finally, keeping things simple, focused and always returning to the Main Thing are vital traits for successful growth company leaders. In particular, making sure the company vision is kept alive, clear and real to employees, so that they can see where you are leading them and where they fit into the picture of success. Consistent repetition of a few key messages and key metrics reinforce the direction and culture of the company.”
Some study findings regarding coaching offer some impressive stats. Among those findings, there were some key statistics, such as:
– Business leaders and entrepreneurs who worked with a business coach increased their income by an average of 46%.
– 70% of respondents said that business coaching was “very valuable” to their business.
– 62.4% said they developed more intelligent goal-setting skills.
– 57.1% said working with a business coach lowered their feelings of anxiety or stress in the workplace.
– 50% of clients confided in their business coach as much as they did their spouse, best friend, or therapist.
– 12% said they confided in their business coach more than anyone else in their life.
– 3.3% reported an improvement in job satisfaction.
As can be seen here, a business coach has many benefits to offer business owners. And one way or another, business coaching can greatly improve the ability to reach business goals.
If the executive highly motivated to change, Executives who get the most out of coaching have a fierce desire to learn and grow.
The right match is absolutely key to the success of a coaching experience. The right match is absolutely key to the success of a coaching experience. Without it, the trust required for optimal executive performance will not develop. Enterprise Excellence engages the services of Ultimate Life Tool Technology during the discovery process to determine the MUTUAL personality fit of the coach to the client, the client’s team and the client’s organization to identify and deal with potential personality challenges.
In survey’s companies have said that engagement renewal are signed and, they said that they keep coming back because “coaching works.”
Historical results of coaching: Does the focus of coaching engagements shift?
In recent surveys respondents said that over time their focus shifts from what they were originally hired to do.
“It starts out with a business bias and inevitably migrates to ‘bigger issues’ such as life purpose, work/life balance, and becoming a better leader.”
If the assignment is set up properly, the issues are usually very clear before the assignment gets started.”